We promote the development of a multi-scale territorial information management prototype platform, based on Spatial Decision Support Systems and Geo-Business Intelligence, which allows to effectively systematize, link and analyze field, tabular and cartographic information, offering the generation of indicators for decision making. The design and construction of the tools is based on a participatory, binding and responsible process that responds to the information needs of federal and state government agencies, research institutes, technical service providers and rural communities.
It integrates several development computing platforms (web applications, mobile applications, desktop applications, geographic applications) with centralized information hosted in the cloud, with the possibility of sharing information through Web services. The platform offers a tool for intersectoral coordination, as a tool to support the development of strategic plans.
Through the use of various computer tools, it offers six work modules:
- National Agrarian Registry: Generates technical reports on the percentage of forest land in polygons and agricultural units, speeding up the technical opinion to applications for authorization of change of ownership in the agrarian nuclei of the states of Campeche, Quintana Roo and Yucatan.
- Sustainable Productive Zoning System: Consists of a geospatial model for the identification of areas with potential use for conservation, timber management and agricultural activities, according to technical criteria of productive potential and conservation priorities.
- State System of Forest Information: Links multi-scale information that allows to verify the authorized volumes of wood extraction and transport, offering to the Forest Development Secretariat of the State of Chihuahua a traceability mechanism of forest products.
- Community Monitoring: Designed for community brigades and technical service providers that generate field information oriented to inform local processes of management and use of natural resources; includes sub-modules of biomass, biodiversity, low-impact forest harvesting and forest growth rates.
- Productive Models: Designed for local producers who seek to measure the climatic effectiveness resulting from productive improvements in agroforestry, silvopastoral systems, conservation agriculture and forestry.
- LiDAR: It allows the download of LiDAR products (digital orthophotos, digital elevation and surface model and point cloud) generated by Woods Hole Research Center and The Nature Conservancy.